Another flea market treasure, Julie has been discharged from the spa and is now officially part of my collection. I wasn’t really sure if I was going to “get into” Julie or not, but the more I worked on her, the more I liked her. After I made her this funky flower dress on a whim, I knew she and I were going to get along great!
Julie was a lot of fun to work on. When I got her, her face was pretty scraped up, as you can see in the picture on the left. Her nose and upper lip looked as though they had been dragged across rough concrete. The picture on the right shows the progress I made after sanding the blemishes.
These are my magic tools. This hair oil is amazing, much better than braid spray from my experience. I used it extensively on Kaya, too. It restores the gloss and eliminates frizz without making it greasy at all. I used copious amounts on both dolls with beautiful results. This seven sided nail buffer is what I used to sand the scrapes on Julie’s face. It worked like a dream. I started with one of the coarser grit sections and gradually moved to the finer grit until the scraps had all but disappeared. I then painted in Julie’s top lip with acrylic paint since I had sanded off much of the color. This step is not shown in the picture above (that is just right after I finished sanding/buffing), but can be seen in all of the other pictures in this post.
I think Julie looks pretty groovy!